Since its establishment in 2017, the Palestinian Charity for Youth Economic Empowerment (CYEE) has been driven by the idea that the youth of today will shape tomorrow’s Palestine. We envision a country in which young Palestinians face no barriers to their personal and professional development and can enter adulthood confidently. CYEE equips youth from marginalized communities with the necessary tools and support to their development. With gender as a cross cutting factor in all of our projects, we strengthen youth capacities and open up opportunities for social and economic success. Putting sustainability at the center of our work, we empower Community-Based Organizations in rural Palestine by providing them with know-hows and capacity building to tackle challenges in their communities. From rural villages to refugee camps, each one of our projects contributes to the creation of a positive environment for development for the third of Palestinians aged between 15 and 30.
At CYEE, we believe that young Palestinians are best placed to protect their rights and play meaningful roles within decision-making processes when they are empowered in the psychosocial and economic spheres. CYEE envisages a free Palestine in which youth are actors of change, take responsibility for their own lives and well-being, and benefit from equal opportunities, no matter their gender. Through its work, the CYEE seeks to create a safe and inspiring environment for Palestinian youth to be aware of their role in society and look to the future with an optimistic vision.
CYEE invests in youth and women’s socio-economic development through collaborative efforts between educational institutions, the private sector, the government and the Palestinian community as a whole. We work on enhancing youth personal and professional capabilities, while addressing their main barriers to employment. We aim to increase their participation rates in the labor market and subsequently expand their horizons.
- We encourage youth to participate in providing the social services and participate in their community by implementing social initiatives and awareness campaigns.
- We use the Passport to success manual “PTS” to involve the life skills, time management and teamwork.
- We work towards a positive community through advocacy and partnerships.
- We tailor our programs to address the obstacles women face in the job market.
- We give youth the educational and vocational skills needed to excel in the job market.
- We work towards a positive change by involving the idea of youth participation and positive change.
- We encourage women to participate in the market.
- We encourage youth to create their own business that tends to play a major role in achieving their own economic independence.